One of the biggest challenges to any clinician and small business owner is the blending of individuals together to make a team.
These are the same challenges that can afflict larger businesses and corporations too.
- Do you recruit people then find they aren’t quite what you thought?
- Are you beset with problems retaining staff?
- Do have difficulties integrating the individuals into a team?
- Is your hygienist/manager/receptionist/nurse outside the wire?
- Do your associates fail to embrace your vision for the future?
The KOLBE Wisdom
- Identifies the striving instincts that drive natural behaviours.
- Focuses on the strengths of your team.
The KOLBE A Index is a 36-question survey that reveals the individual mix of striving instincts; it measures individual energies in:
- Fact Finder – Gathering and sharing of information.
- Follow through – Sorting and Storing Information.
- Quick Start – Dealing with risk and uncertainty.
- Implementation – Handling space and intangibles.
The Kolbe Wisdom™ is based on the concept that creative instincts are the source of the mental energy that drives people to take specific actions.
Team performance is accurately predicted by a set of algorithms that determine the appropriate balance and make up of creative instincts.
Leaders can optimise individual and group performance by:
- Giving people the freedom to be themselves.
- Assigning jobs suited to individual strengths.
- Building synergistic teams.
- Reducing obstacles that cause debilitating stress.
- Rewarding committed use of instinctive energy.
- Allowing for the appropriate use of time.
- Communicating in ways that trigger the effective use of the natural, universal and unbiased energy of creative instincts.
Any (dental) team is as good as:
- The conative fit each individual has – with his or her individual role.
- The members are – in accurately predicting the differences between each other.
- The management of the team is – in using the talent available.
In dentistry the use of Kolbe does not only help build the right teams. When the concepts are understood and applied to clinical situations or ones of patient choice and treatment planning then resistance can be handled and the correct way of presentation used.
Alun Rees is one of only four fully trained and accredited KOLBE Consultants in the UK and the only one experienced in working with Dentists and their teams.
Take the Kolbe A™ Index